Peace & Unity Conference
Declaration Declaration: Hindi / Urdu
Ratified by Aman & Ekta Sammelan Organised by Jamiat Ulama-i- Hind
on Sunday, 29 th October, 2017 at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, New Delhi
1. This Sammelan reiterates that Islam is the religion of peace and harmony and is a boon for the whole of humanity. Varied misconceptions and falsehoods tainting Islam with terrorism, radicalism and gender injustice are being spread by forces inimical to the eternal truths of our Islamic faith and heritage. We resolve therefore that it is our prime duty to dispel such misgivings and present the true face of Islam to the world through acts that promote mutual-understanding and harmonious actions for a happier, healthier and more sustainable future for the benefit of everyone, everywhere.
2. Islam preaches that the real Jihad means protecting all of humanity against bloodshed and establishing peace. In this spirit, weresolve to strongly condemn terrorism in all its forms.
3. We hereinalso declare that violence of any kind against innocent women, children and men—in word or in action—is anti-India, anti-human and anti-Islam. We condemn it, and undertake that we will perform our roles to stopviolence, hatred, radicalism and
divisiveacts wherever we may see it.
4. The dream of strong, prosperous and united Indiacan be made reality through the unity of all sects and faiths, working side-by- side for a clean, green and prosperous future for everybody, everywhere. Therefore, we pledge to come together and stay together for a unified campaign to restore our polluted and shrinking water bodies, as well as our forests, cities and villages through the plantation of trees, the advancement of water-saving farming and living, the promotion of healthy water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and other integrated actions for the health and well-being of all.
5. We also call upon all of Islam, as well as all of our world’s faiths and social organizations to come together in fellowship towards eradicating crimes, drug and alcohol abuse, sexual exploitation, female foeticide and other harmful and immoral practices.
6. We moreover call for the upliftment of the downtrodden, women, scheduled classes and minority populations through the provision of equal opportunities and social justice for all.
7. In this crucial time in history, when our natural resources are depleting, populations and temperatures are rising and threats of violence and natural disasters are on the increase, no longer shall words and acts of hatred and division be tolerated. We instead pledge to unify across all sects, faiths, castes and creeds to lend our hands and our hearts for a new era dedicated to greener and more harmonious future, in which all are included, none are excluded, and fellowship reigns true.