Jamiat Ulama-e-Nepal Establishment
Muslims have their long history in Nepal. An armed movement by Prithwi Narayan Shah to bring together the separate parts of Nepal, contributed by Muslims. Later Muslim showed a positive role in development of the country being loyal and abiding citizens.
Nepalese citizens fought for long to gain democracy exiling kingdom. But when constitution was drafted, the Muslim community was neglected badly even they weren’t mentioned, let alone to take any guarantee of rights. On the other side, Muslim leaders were seen bifacial and todayist without clear vision regarding the community.
In this critical situation where the community is helpless by the government and its leaders, some Ulama with nerves and guts established an organization called “Jamiat ulama-e-Nepal” on 15 August 2006 which aimed at peaceful coexistence with safeguard of Islamic tenets and believe being loyal and abiding citizens for the country, uprooting all classes, racial and religious differences, focusing on progress and development, for this grandeur purposes Jamiat came into existence.
Maulana Abdul Azeez Siddiqui Saheb was elected as the president and Khalid Siddiqui as general secretary of Jamiat ulama-e-Nepal.
- It will work for the preservation of the Islamic culture and tradition among the Muslim Community as well as work for the preservation of religious places and sites of the Muslim Community.
- It will make efforts in order to achieve equal religious and civil rights as granted to the other communities of the country and uplift the religious, educational, cultural, social and traditional practices of the Muslim Community.
- To promote modern education along with religious education as per demands of time
- To manage Islamic trust for the protection of the properties of the community.
- To make efforts for the representation of the Muslim in the governmental organizations of the country and make an appeal to constitute the commission for Minority Muslim Community.
- To make efforts to get Madrasa Board constituted and to look after all the educational institutions under that board.
- To construct new mosques and look after the presevation and/or reconstruction of the religious places of Muslim in the country.
- To arrange full or partial scholarship to poor, needy and orphans boys and girls of the Muslim Community in the field of Education .
- To maintain the peace, harmony and brotherly environment among the Muslims of the country.
- To make arrangements for publication of News papers & Magazines in Urdu language.